Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Studious, Free, and Toothy

Randy and I attended Gavin's parent/teacher conference this afternoon.  We are so, so blessed that he has such a wonderful teacher who is beyond dedicated to her profession.  We are very proud of our little guy, as his teacher complimented not only his academic successes, but also his interpersonal skills and classroom behavior.  Pretty much one of those *ideal* conferences that I love hosting when I get to be on the other side of the desk in my own classroom.  *Such a proud mommy.*  Which brings me to another thing I love about Gavin...

Gavin, you are a self-motivated learner who is making amazing progess in kindergarten
As we were in the conference today, I had a moment where I turned to see Brynn doing her 'ballerina' around Gavin's classroom, and had a little flash-foward to a moment a few years into the future.  Randy and I were seated in front of Brynn's kindergarten teacher.  The conversation...well...it wasn't quite the same.  It's not the academic aspect that I was envisioning...moreso, it was a conversation about...um...I think the pictures speak for themselves:


Brynn, I love, love your free spirit.  You always tell me you want to be a butterfly when you grow up.  And I love that about you.  Fly free, baby girl...

And then, there's Miss Raegan.  I mentioned yesterday that she has been quite grumpy.  Tonight, she had a slight fever and continued with the fussiness and general discomfort.  The only time she was quiet all evening long was when we gave her some refried beans to taste for dinner, since the enchiladas weren't quite 'baby friendly'.  After we ate, the grumpiness ensued, until I picked her up and checked out her teeth and gums.  Lo and behold, one of those pesky little top teeth finally popped through her gums, bringing her total teeth to 2.5. 

Raegan, I love how open you are to trying to new foods, together even.  Refried beans and bananas?  Why not...
And so for tonight, I rest my voice, in preparation of my 26 conferences I must hold tomorrow.  I won't get to see my kids tomorrow unless they happen to still be awake when I arrive home, sometime after 8:00.  Randy is under direct orders to take some photos of the kids tomorrow (not that I'm at a lack for pics...), so we'll see if he remembers to do so...

No comments :

Post a Comment