Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's day memories

Valentine's Day is all about love...so I'll keep it short and sweet (and, of course, about love)

Gavin:
You read a book to me tonight called What Brothers Do Best.  The wonderment on your face as you read practically every word by yourself was so darling.  Mommy is so proud of your hard work in kindergarten as you learn to read.  But my favorite part of the whole book?  Afterwards, you looked up at me with sweet little eyes and said, "I must be a really good brother because I pretty much do all that stuff'. 

Brynn:
One of Brynn's favorite lullabies to sing is 'You Are My Sunshine'. The song is one big metaphor, but in the world of a 3-nearly-4 year old, she honestly believes she is singing about the sun.  Bless her little heart.  She always wants to tell me that 'people can't be sunshine because they'll be hurted from the fire', and tonight, as I sang that to you, it was no different.  Love you for your own (usually litera) interpretation of everything :)

Raegan:
Baby girl, you started walking today!  Daddy was able to see you take your first few steps, and while you only took just two little steps for me, I am so proud of your bravery as you begin the next little phase in your beautiful life. 

Valentine's Day, and every day, recognize the little things we love most about one another.  One quote that I have always remembered from the movie Moulin Rouge is 'the greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return'.

Blessings!

No comments :

Post a Comment