Thursday, February 9, 2012

kid chatter

Tonight, I met my best friend, her sister, and her mom for dinner.  I had made the plans earlier in the week, knowing full well that Randy was on call and I'd most likely have to bring the troops along with me.  When I found out this afternoon that Randy would be home, Gavin opted to hang with daddy as opposed to spending time with the girls.  So, Gavin and Randy headed to dinner at LoDo's (a family favorite), while the girls and I headed toward our destination (well, actually, we wound up at the wrong destination because I am a ditz and didn't remember there was an additional location of the restaurant pretty much up the road from our house). 

While we were driving, Brynn took full advantage of the fact that she essentially had one-on-one time with mommy.  Raegan babbled in the background as Brynn talked.  And talked.  And talked.  (hmm...apple....tree...the connection is a pretty close one!)  I turned on the voice recorder app on my phone, and just let it listen. 

Tonight, as I sat down to blog, I played it again.  Here's a snippet of Brynn's stream of consciousness (and yes, this is the 'conversation' she had with me over a 4 minute time-period).

"Mommy, cars are yucky to eat.  I want to eat pink clouds like cotton candy.  Pink clouds are better than orange.  The moon is not allowed to be awake in the morning time.  I'm really glad we had a Raegan and not a giraffe.  A giraffe is lots and lots of hard work.  And tigers are too.  They are the most lots work.  Play some girl's songs, mommy.  I like Adele and Lady Gaga.  They are my best girl songs, not the boys songs.  Raegan cracks me up.  She makes silly faces.  Dogs are not allowed to run in the restaurants.  Raegan is really needy."

Welcome.to.my.world.


~~~~~~~
Daily love...
Gavin: I love your sense of humor, and the way you now pick up on the little teasing jokes we play on Brynn.  I remember when you'd cry about something silly that we'd say, because you thought it was true...but now it's funny to have you add to the crazy, non-sense story we've spun that sends Brynn into a tizzy.

Brynn: I love your random 'conversation', and how, at times, you share literally every thought that crosses that curly-haired mind.  You're always good for a smile, or a confused stare ;)

Raegan: I love that you have figured out before you can even form words, that in order to get a word in edge-wise in this house, you're going to have to speak up--and loud.  Your random babble that is starting to sound like you're immitating the words we say is so endearing :)

No comments :

Post a Comment