Wednesday, December 22, 2010

resolution time!

Ok, it’s not technically the ‘new year’, but it’s definitely close enough…
A blog is born.  I’ve been toying with this idea for quite a while and of course the concept of ‘new year, new you’ provides such a perfect platform for doing so.  So…here we go!

I used to write emails on a monthly basis; filling in the family on the goings-on in our household, sending coordinating pictures; and adding my own personal ‘spin’ on this crazy thing we call life.  My friends and family who recieved the emails would tell me I should write a book.  I don’t know about all that, because my life as a mom is just as *normal* as any other.  Take tonight for instance.  I’m chatting on the phone with my mom while cooking dinner for my adoring family, when my young-and-in-the-process-of-potty-training daughter comes running into the kitchen to tell me she’s gone potty.  I abandon the onions, garlic, and green peppers in the saute pan to go check out her success.  As I enter the living room, I realize the potty chair is empty, but the once barren carpet area beneath my foot is not.  Apparently, the extra 3 feet to the potty chair was just too much, so the carpet provided a comforting spot to *go*.  See?  Totally normal!

I guess I should back up and explain the name.  Currently, I’m a busy working mommy of a pre-schooler and a toddler (yes, that darling child mentioned above!), and am just under 6 months from turning ‘that number which shall not be named’.  I know, I know…it’s not ‘that bad’, but for me, it’s definitely a strange thing to have to acknowledge.  I suppose the fact that I’ve been married for more than 5 years and have 2 kids already is strange–considering it was like, yesterday that I was just a 20 year old college student with far less responsibilities (and far less gray hair and crow’s feet!).  Sometime around my daughter’s first birthday, I realized that while I once thought two kids was my ‘magic number’, this was no longer the case.  And thus, the convincing began.  My husband wasn’t totally on board, giving such *convincing* arguements such as ‘NO’, and ‘we have a boy and a girl, what more do you want?’.

Sometime around last summer though, something changed…and he was convinced!  Fast forward to present day, and we are currently about 24 weeks along in this our third (and, yes, LAST–promise, babe!) pregnancy.  Our due date is mid-April, which puts all three of our kids’ birthdays right in a row (March, April, May).  Now, my ‘BIG DAY’ is June 6th, which means that I’ll have all three of my kids by the age of 30.  My own little personal goal I set once I realized that I was wanting another baby.  Hence, the name was born.

I know I’m probably not the most interesting person, and that my stories aren’t the ‘be-all, end-all’ of motherhood, so my intentions aren’t really for anything other than a place to document what things I always say I’ll get around to writing down in baby books, but never really do (not to mention my second child doesn’t even HAVE a baby book), a place to post some photos that capture those little moments that might make me cry tears of frustration at the moment but will give me tears of laughter later on, and a place to keep memories of my children–of my life–so that someday we can look back and remember ‘how we were’.  Because, afterall, 30 is just around the corner and who knows how fast that next decade will go!

Until next time…
xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment