Sunday, September 30, 2012

our last fall in Colorado

Fall in Colorado is pretty spectacular.  The aspen trees turn golden and buttery shades of yellows, oranges, and hints of red.  Pockets of these colors are peppered all over the mountainsides in the Rockies, bringing flocks of photographers of all kinds to halting stops alongside the narrow and windy roads.  Each year, tons of photos pop up on the internet and news, boasting the beauty of the Rockies.  Each year we've lived here, I've wanted to drive on the well-known scenic bypass known as Peak to Peak.  Each year, we've either not been able to, or have missed the window of time when the colors are at their best.

That is, until today.  I *made* the family take a drive today to check out what I've only seen on tv or computer, or have heard from friends who tell me that I 'simply must go'.  For the most part, it was an enjoyable day...a few tears and whines, a few short tempers and not-so-nice tones of voice, and possibly a little pee on Brynn's jean leg from an awkward outdoor squat gone awry...but all in all, a nice day.  My body aches, my head aches, and my eyes are tired...so rather than talk (type), I'll let the photos do the work...





tossing rocks into Boulder Creek






most everyone liked the rock...



Estes elk...intruding on a lawn, or showing their political affiliation?


No comments :

Post a Comment